Finding the right therapist is an important task. We have worked to simplify the first step of this process as much as possible. We have done this by helping you to narrow down the list of potential therapists, based on your needs. Since every therapist is different, there is a therapist that is a good fit for everyone and every situation. We want everyone to find the best therapist for their situation, so here are some things to look for when meeting a prospective therapist:
- How easy is it to talk to her or him?
- Do you feel comfortable with him or her?
- Does he or she seem like somebody I can trust?
- Does your prospective therapist seem to have the experience and training to address your unique circumstances?
- You should feel that your prospective therapist / counselor is listening and understanding your concerns, as well as your situation.